Saturday, February 11, 2012

treat yo self: sewing stuff

The last couple of months I've been spending my time dealing with dumb grown-up stuff (funerals, working, paying bills, blah!) and I have been really lagging on making stuff and being productive outside of work. I figured the best way to get out of the rut was to go the Haverford route and treat yo self!

Last week I got the Chantilly pattern from Colette Patterns because I thought it looked like it would fit my crazy hourglass body shape well. I've been watching Colette Patterns grow from a little company to being all over the place for a couple years now but had never actually bought anything from them. Their packaging is adorable. I can't wait to use it! The instructions are in a really cute stitched booklet with the actual pattern tucked in a pocket inside. I got the supplies today at JoAnn to make it. I might regret going the sheer route when I'm cranking out those French seams, but the navy + stars combination was too cute to say no to.

Colette Chantilly pattern


I also bought a bunch of half yard cuts from fabricpalooza on Etsy. They were each only $3/half yard, so I went a little bit crazy [considering I have no plans for any of it] but it all looks so pretty sitting on my desk. Stash building, as they say.
stash building

 I also bought some hair extensions on ebay, but they're being shipped from China so that ridiculous sight is upcoming.

Treat. Yo. Self.

No comments:

Post a Comment