Tuesday, September 25, 2012

birthday mayhem

Despite being far from home and missing my family and friends there, I had theeeee best birthday possible! In the weeks leading up to my birthday, I was so depressed because it was not only my birthday, but also Jenni's the day before, Timmy's the next day, Thomas and Lindsays the next day after that and my dad's the next week. I love my people at home and didn't want to miss out on everyone's birthday fun! I was also kind of feeling like I didn't know that many people here and was scared that if I had a party it would be lame. Turns out, I know a lot of people here, and they are all awesome. I have found (thanks B and Kika!) such a solid crew here in such a short amount of time. I got a cake and tambourine song at work, awesome presents and had a great time at dinner+drinks+drinks+drinks with the ladies (and some gents) at night. Besides being reminded that I'm closer to 30 than 20, it was an awesome day! Here's a little taste of the funzies, with most the incrimination (and most of the fun) taken out :]

I wore the obligatory "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" crown and spun the wheel of shame at every stop. I love wearing the crown! The wheel is pretty fun, too!


We met Hello Kitty, who was not polite until we gave (pretty sure it was a him) a dollar. Then it was all shakas.
Pretty ladies! I was turning 252252552 apparently. The other part of birthday crown fun is that we made everyone else wear mini tiaras! It started at Cate's birthday and we loved it so much it shall continue. Forever.

I turned Nashville Waikiki into Ashville Waikiki. It needed to be done!
And this is pretty much how we all felt at the end of the night. Another success. [Also, check out the flipping gorgeous lei that Cate got me! Cannot even explain how many people came up to me to say that they could smell me (in a good way for once) from across the room.]

At the end of the day, 25 felt pretty damn good! The next day? Not so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment